QtGps for Trolltechs Qtopia

Jim Morris ml at e4net.com
Mon Sep 1 01:17:12 CEST 2008

Radek Barton( wrote:
> Dne Saturday 23 of August 2008 02:25:25 Jim Morris napsal(a):

> Please could someone point me to some tutorial or basic steps how to most
> easily crosscompile libgps for Qtopia/arm and/or where to download compatible
> libgps.a and libgps.la?
> Thanks.

You should be able to install it directly without needing to compile it.

 > opkg install libgps16

If it wasn't installed with gpsd

You should see a /usr/lib/libgps.so.16 file

If you need it to build qtopiagps then let me know, I need to add that to the blog entry.

I used Mokomakefile to  build it, then copied the results to the toolchains lib directory.

Jim Morris, http://blog.wolfman.com