QtGps for Trolltechs Qtopia

Radek Bartoň blackhex at post.cz
Mon Sep 1 02:21:05 CEST 2008

Dne Monday 01 of September 2008 01:57:48 Jim Morris napsal(a):
> Radek Barton( wrote:
> > Tanks, I'll look what Mokomakefile provides and how it's used. I'm trying
> > to compile qtopiagps to learn how to crosscompile software for Qtopia.
> > Then I would want to create ipk/opk package with qtopiagps and create an
> > icon in applications menu. But I have to learn all that first.
> >
> > Then I could help to improve qtopiagps with some GPS control (power
> > on/cold/warm/hot reset etc.). I would really invite compact GPS
> > application with tangogps and agpsui funcionality for Qtopia so I can try
> > to implement map display, download and tracking support too (steeling
> > part of tangogps code :-)).
> Well this page should help you get started, you may not need mokomakefile
> at all.
> http://blog.wolfman.com/articles/2008/08/27/porting-xgps-to-qtopia-for-the-
> The second part of the page shows how to get started with qtopia
> development.
> I'll add details on how to add the libgps to it later today.

Yes, I followed that page and I succed so far that it tell me that it can't
find libgps. So, I tried to download gpsd sources and configure them
with --target=arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi. This went without errors or
warnings but resulting binary was compiled to x86-64 anyway (according to
file command). Should I wait until you update your blog with libgps
compilation steps, start playing with mokomakefile or ask for advice
somewhere else?

Ing. Radek Bartoň

Faculty of Information Technology
Department of Computer Graphics and Multimedia
Brno University of Technology

E-mail: blackhex at post.cz
Web: http://blackhex.no-ip.org
Jabber: blackhex at jabber.cz