QtGps for Trolltechs Qtopia

Radek Bartoň blackhex at post.cz
Mon Sep 1 02:21:05 CEST 2008

Dne Monday 01 of September 2008 01:57:48 Jim Morris napsal(a):
> Radek Barton( wrote:
> > Tanks, I'll look what Mokomakefile provides and how it's used. I'm trying
> > to compile qtopiagps to learn how to crosscompile software for Qtopia.
> > Then I would want to create ipk/opk package with qtopiagps and create an
> > icon in applications menu. But I have to learn all that first.
> >
> > Then I could help to improve qtopiagps with some GPS control (power
> > on/cold/warm/hot reset etc.). I would really invite compact GPS
> > application with tangogps and agpsui funcionality for Qtopia so I can try
> > to implement map display, download and tracking support too (steeling
> > part of tangogps code :-)).
>
> Well this page should help you get started, you may not need mokomakefile
> at all.
>
> http://blog.wolfman.com/articles/2008/08/27/porting-xgps-to-qtopia-for-the-
>freerunner
>
> The second part of the page shows how to get started with qtopia
> development.
>
> I'll add details on how to add the libgps to it later today.

Yes, I followed that page and I succed so far that it tell me that it can't
find libgps. So, I tried to download gpsd sources and configure them
with --target=arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi. This went without errors or
warnings but resulting binary was compiled to x86-64 anyway (according to
file command). Should I wait until you update your blog with libgps
compilation steps, start playing with mokomakefile or ask for advice
somewhere else?

--
Ing. Radek Bartoň

Faculty of Information Technology
Department of Computer Graphics and Multimedia
Brno University of Technology

E-mail: blackhex at post.cz
Web: http://blackhex.no-ip.org
Jabber: blackhex at jabber.cz