testing 20080901 first steps to 2008.09??

David Samblas dsamblasomcommunity at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 12:22:56 CEST 2008

I'm only corious,  I have being taking a look to the
http://downloads.openmoko.org/daily/testing-om-gta02-20080901.rootfs.tar.gz
intalling it to my sd card,

Inspite the it's really barebones, I have seen very interestings things by
default,
the raster ilume pack:
  qwerty on/off button
  the illume keyboard (oh Yes! :) )
  illume configuration

the backgound image is pretty zen and beatifull and screen dims smothly.

Of course it's not functional at all because it has no apps but settings
(that doesn't work for me), and I was unnable to ssh to it so I was no able
to not further testing, but  doesn't  matter because is clear is a proof-of
concept release. I will wait for the next test release (maybe tomorrow?,
it's a really dayly?)

My question is , I can assume the good things mentioned avobe will be
mantained in the oficial (semi-stable) 2008.09 release?

Have you decide the date off that 2008.09 release?

Regards