Please split this list!

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Mon Sep 1 14:24:58 CEST 2008

I remove your second!

Please dont split the list.  People tend to post to all the current OM
lists just so those who arn't subscribed to one can be sure to get a
copy - and those who are subscribed to all the lists (that is those you
can find) end up getting multiple posts.  Enough with splitters!

Filter on the client side and leave the rest of us alone :)
BillK

On Mon, 2008-09-01 at 12:24 +0100, vasco.nevoa at sapo.pt wrote:
> I second that idea.
> Mainly because it is difficult to understand which context people are
> talking in... most people don't remember to say which distro they are
> using, and frankly I don't think they should have to...
> And it does make a big difference.
> Maybe keep this list as a distro-neutral list, and add new ones for
> OM2008.8, FSO, Debian, etc..?
>
> Citando Thorben Krueger <thkruege at googlemail.com>:
>
> > Please consider splitting this mailinglist into sublists, i.e. each
> > handling its own distribution...
> >
> > All the best,
> > Thorben
> >
> > PS: Yes I know how to handle filtering on the client side.

Home in Perth!