Debian and Zhone

Fox Mulder Quakeman1 at gmx.net
Mon Sep 1 14:47:45 CEST 2008

I regulary upgrade my debian system every 1-2 days. In the last 2 days i
got an update for zhone automatically installed which doesn't work anymore.

Now when i start zhone the zhone screen appears as normal window within
xfce like before. When i didn't do anything the screen gets dimed and
short after that locked which works fine like before.
But as soon as i try to click one of the four main applications like
dialer or sms zhone freeze. I have to kill the window and after a new
start it's the same and the /tmp/zhone.log file is empty.

When i use "apt-cache show zhone" i see version "0-git20080809-4" but no
date from when this package really is.
With the last version before this update it works normally the few times
i started it.

Is there anything known to make problems with this new version?

And another thing is, if there are any alternatives for debian to use
the phone functions with a bit more comfort like in 2008.9?

Because zhone really isn't the kind of program which i wanted to use
with my neo as daily phone, which is the state i want to reach in the
near future. And dualboot between 2008.9 and debian isn't the best solution.

Ciao,
     Rainer