Please split this list!

Stroller stroller at stellar.eclipse.co.uk
Mon Sep 1 17:04:11 CEST 2008

On 1 Sep 2008, at 12:06, Thorben Krueger wrote:

> Please consider splitting this mailinglist into sublists, i.e. each
> handling its own distribution...

There was some discussion about the mailing lists a couple of months
ago - one Openmoko employee said they were considering suggestions
then another (apparently) unilaterally went on ahead anyway and
redefined the purpose of the device-owners list, renaming it to
support at the same time (an option which had not been discussed).

The best way forward, IMO, is to split the support list into distros
- presently, I think, it only handles 2007.2 - and take all support
issues off community.

Good luck getting a useful result. I think I'm going to have to stop
reading, so great is the volume on community at present.

Stroller.