illume-config-illume on 2008.8-updates

yves mahe ymahe at zindep.com
Mon Sep 1 15:25:33 CEST 2008

yves mahe wrote:
>> I need to do : opkg -force-overwrite install
>> http://downloads.openmoko.org/repository/testing/all/illume-config-illume_0.0+svnr35693-r13_all.ipk
>>
>> After a reboot and even with "export QTOPIA_NO_VIRTUAL_KEYBOARD=1" in
>> /etc/X11/Xsession.d/89qtopia , I get no illume's keyboard nor tools icon
>>   in the upper left corner.
>
> After rm -rf ~/.e/e/config/illume as said by Rasterman [1], the tools
> icon (wrench) appears and is functional but always no illume's keyboard.
>
> [1]:
> http://lists.openmoko.org/pipermail/community/2008-September/028949.html
>
> Yves Mahé

I spoke too quickly : I did'nt see that illume-config has now a new
option : Keyboard which default is None. Choosing Default activate the
illume's keyboard.

Thanks Raster

To resume on 2008-8 update :

1. opkg install -force-overwrite install
http://downloads.openmoko.org/repository/testing/all/illume-config-illume_0.0+svnr35693-r13_all.ipk
2. opkg install illume-config (get qwery button)
3. echo 'E_PROFILE="-profile illume"' > /etc/enlightenment/default_profile
(switch to the illume profile from asu)
4. rm -rf ~/.e/e/config/illume
5. add "export QTOPIA_NO_VIRTUAL_KEYBOARD=1" in
 >> /etc/X11/Xsession.d/89qtopia
6. Reboot

It should work
Yves Mahe