Please split this list!

vasco.nevoa at sapo.pt vasco.nevoa at sapo.pt
Mon Sep 1 18:15:55 CEST 2008

I agree that a single list is more conducive to synergies.
Unfortunately, the traffic has grown a lot, and it is virtualy impossible to filter on the client side (except by threading), because you cannot make up any resilient criteria. You can't build a filter without consistently classifying the messages, can you?
So yes, the ideal solution would be that everybody tags their messages with relevant keywords in the subject line.
Anyone has a suggestion for a list of good keywords, something we can start from (non-authoritative)? perhaps even a simple semantics?

Citando Nishit Dave <stargazer.dave at gmail.com>:

> On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 7:42 PM, Tilman Baumann <tilman at baumann.name[1]> wrote:
>  Thorben Krueger wrote:
> > Please consider splitting this mailinglist into sublists, i.e. each
> > handling its own distribution...
>  Does not help. More choice does not bring more order.
>
> Especially if there is no system for order that reflects the need for
> communication. Subsystems are no system for bringing order, because you
> can not always bring your thoughts into this order.
> It's stupid, it is frustrating and borders and limitations are plainly
> not conducive to conversations.

 Ask people to write the subject lines more clearly, not "FR Problem" "cannot make a call" "where's the installer thingy" etc.

If they don't comply, harangue them so they fall in line or leave.

Oops.

Ligações:
---------
[1] mailto:tilman at baumann.name