Flashing Om2008.8 rootfs under Windows is *LONG*

Vinc Duran uberpfloyd at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 23:57:50 CEST 2008

On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 12:57 PM, Abdelrazak Younes <younes at lyx.org> wrote:
<snip>

> > You haven't even tried backing it up. Try and see how long *that* takes.
> > They say it is much, much better with the Linux port of DFU-util (or
> > rather, something is very very wrong with the Windows port).
>
> <snip>

I use Vista on my day-to-day working computer. With the FreeRunner it's
faster to boot to an Ubuntu live CD and work on the FreeRunner and reboot in
Vista for my regular work. I can flash the device a couple of times and
experiment with QTopia and OM 2008.8 in the time is would take me to just
flash the rootfs for either of those. I think the dfu for windows would
benefit from some work. I tried running Ubunto in a VMWare virtual machine
but couldn't get a good connection to the FreeRunner.