AT%N0187 openmoko echo patch?

roguemoko at roguewrt.org roguemoko at roguewrt.org
Tue Sep 2 00:17:44 CEST 2008

Cesar Eduardo Barros wrote:
> NeilBrown escreveu:
>
>> On Mon, September 1, 2008 6:59 pm, Yorick Moko wrote:

>>> Maybe TI just wants their products to suck?
>>> What I mean: is this standard practice in this business? What possible
>>> gain would TI have with not giving you that information?
>>>
>> They could avoid having to pay the extra cost of getting a competent and
>> thorough documentation writer?
>>
>> Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by
>> incompetence!!
>>

> You can have other explanations which are neither malice nor incompetence.
>
> - That command might be broken or incomplete in some way, so it's not
> documented.
> - That command might be meant for internal debugging only, so it's not
> documented.
>
> I came up with these two in less than a minute. We can probably easily
> think of other valid justifications.

But couldn't both of those have been documented? And if they have not
been, might be classed as incompetent. They are after all just part of
the modem instruction set.

To not release the entire lot is a bit lame.

But seriously, who cares, just test what we know and move on. If we find
out more we'll test that too ... hoorah! if someone wants to pressure
them then let us know how you go. This mailling list suffers from way
too much banter clutter. I'm surprised OM get anything done.

Sarton