Fennec on Openmoko

"Marco Trevisan (Treviño)" mail at 3v1n0.net
Tue Sep 2 05:55:39 CEST 2008

yves mahe ha scritto:
> Josh Thompson wrote:
>> For anyone else like myself that's not using the debian distro, I was able to
>> download the debian package files for Midori (armel version) from
>>
>> http://packages.debian.org/unstable/web/midori
>>
>> to an Ubuntu box, extract them from the deb file
>>
>> dpkg -x <filname.deb> <extract to dir>
>>
>> create a tarball, copy that over to my FR and extract it.  I also had to
>> download the package for libgtksourceview to get it to work.
>>
>> I'm using 2007.2.  I do have a problem when I click Go->Location... that I
>> can't see whereever I'm supposed to enter the URL.  However, if I just type
>> it in using the keyboard followed by Enter, it will go to the URL.
>>
>> Josh
>>

> Bad luck but it's not working with 2008.8 updates
>
> root at om-gta02:~# midori
> midori: symbol lookup error: midori: undefined symbol:
> gtk_tool_item_set_tooltip_text

I've made it working days ago but I had to unpack a lot of debian
libaries to a midori "lib" dir that I make it use with LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

Btw to me the debian version is likely the one there's in the repo
except for the annoying top banner that warnings me that I'm using a
superuser account (eh, I know it!).

So I've recompiled midori-git using the toolchain making a little patch
to remove that top-banner. If you want I could put my .tar (I've not
made an .[io]pk yet :P) somewhere, but imho it doesn't work so well as
advertized here (there are still many crashes and it's hard to put a
location).

So I prefer the midori 0.17 downloadable from Om repos.

--
Treviño's World - Life and Linux
http://www.3v1n0.net/