Freerunner won't charge, and won't start anymore due to out of power

Christ van Willegen cvwillegen at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 16:13:03 CEST 2008

Hi,

On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 4:05 PM, Paul V. Borza <paul at accelsense.org> wrote:
> I've flashed the updated 2008.8 on my Freerunner, and then left it for a
> couple of days without turning on.
> Yesterday I've tried to turn it on: it starts, the Openmoko logo appears,
> and then it suddenly turns off.
> I think this is because of the battery that is already out of power.

Apparently (and I've seen it too...), it won't charge when it isn't
booted, and booting is a problem because of a flat battery.

AFAIK the only option at the moment is to use a replacement battery.
Most people with a Nokia phone can lend you one...

Boot with the replacement battery, put in USB power (or the wall
charger), pull out the (spare) battery and put in your empty battery.
Red light behind AUX should turn on to indicate charging.

HTH.

Christ van Willegen
--
09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0