Stable Distro Recommendation for Business trip

Warren Baird photogeekmtl at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 16:38:29 CEST 2008

Hey all,

I've been running OM2008.8 with testing updates for a few weeks now, and I'm
finding it generally pretty good - however, it isn't terrifically stable -
I've had incoming calls where they couldn't hear me, or where the 'answer
call' page doesn't show up until after the caller hangs up.  In my
day-to-day life I'm usually near a land-line, so these haven't been serious
problems.

In a few weeks I'm going on a week long business trip, and my cell is going
to be my main source of connectivity, so I'm going to need something a lot
more stable.

I'd love to hear what the community recommends for a distro providing stable
connectivity - phone and sms is the highest priority - although GPS
capability would be a bonus.

The two leading candidates are either FSO or Qtopia.

Any opinions on which of these options would work best?

My backup position is to put my SIM back in my old Motorola and use it as a
phone, and just use my FR as a hand-held computer...

Thanks,

Warren

I'm considering either installing FSO or Qtopia