[debian at fr] apmd again

Joachim Breitner nomeata at debian.org
Tue Sep 2 17:22:04 CEST 2008

Hi,

Am Dienstag, den 02.09.2008, 12:50 +0200 schrieb Christian Adams:
> i just discovered something i actually can't explain to myself:
> (i do the sd_idleclk-trick in /etc/apm - scripts)
> when apmd is running while i invoke 'apm -s' i get the following in
> dmesg:
>
> - ---- snip ----
> Syncing filesystems ... done.
> PM: Preparing system for mem sleep
> - ---- snap ----
>
> but the system doen't suspend completely - only X freezes but ssh-ing
> still works
>
> when i now call 'invoke-rd.d apmd stop' the system suspends and
> resumes on power-button and in dmesg it continues as following (i
> think the 'error' is shown with the 'Can't switch VCs'-part - this
> doesn't occur when apmd isn't running at all):

I observed the same problem, but only when X was started after apmd, not
the other way around. I also observed that running "strace -p <pid of
apmd>" or "strace -p <pid of X>" makes the kernel go ahead with
suspending.

Can you confirm these observations? What kernel version are you using?

Thanks,
Joachim
--
Joachim "nomeata" Breitner