tslib xserver input driver debian packge, addition

Fox Mulder Quakeman1 at gmx.net
Tue Sep 2 19:08:54 CEST 2008

Nik Lutz wrote:
> And if you want to rotate the screen add
>
>  Option          "Rotate"                "CW"
>
> to both ("Device" AND "InputDevice" ) sections of your xorg.xonf

I have a few questions about your "Rotate" addition to xorg.conf

What does this entry do?
Does it always start the screen rotated or could i somehow rotate it
while xfce is running like xrandr did in 2007.2?

And when i look at my xorg.conf in debian on my neo i doesn't have any
device section. At the moment i only got three "InputDevice" sections
for touchscreen, keyboard and mouse.

But when i take a look at the xorg.conf on my linux machine i have much
more sections and a device section. Within the device section the
graphic-card is defined.

I would really like to rotate the xfce screen when i want it or maybe
always if there is no other possibility at the moment. Because landscape
mode is for me better than otherwise because of some applications which
only work this way.

Ciao,
     Rainer