Flashing Om2008.8 rootfs under Windows is *LONG*

Andrew Chu andrewchu at users.projects.openmoko.org
Tue Sep 2 18:53:06 CEST 2008

Hi Abdel,

Actually, the patch is what is compiled into the 0.1+svn beta version of
  dfu-util for Win32 on projects.openmoko.org.  I'm assuming that that
is the version that everyone here is using?

I also am using WinXP SP2 as Benedikt Schindler on these replies is
using as well.  For the others who experience long flash times on
Windows XP, are you also using SP2?

I am using Intel Core2 6420 @ 2.13GHz with 3GB of RAM, and USB 2.0
controller.

I guess the other question is, who else can flash rootfs in under 20
minutes using dfu-util for Win32?  What are your configurations (version
of Windows (including Service Pack), type of processor, amount of RAM,
USB controller version)?

Hopefully we can find a commonality among those that experience the long
flash times and among those that do not.

Cheers,
Andrew