Openmoko Images

Jim Morris ml at
Tue Sep 2 23:31:44 CEST 2008

Warren Baird wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 4:50 PM, Jim Morris <ml at
> <mailto:ml at>> wrote:
>     Unfortunately that is not the case, I've been playing with BT
>     headsets for weeks, and have not got a
>     peep out of one (I've tried several), I have not even got a2dp
>     working either.
> Based on the comments for it
> sounds like some people have managed to get BT audio working with a2dp,
> albeit with some signal strength issues.   This is on my list of things
> to try, but I haven't gotten around to it yet...
> Warren

I tried exactly the same thing, but was unable to get anything to play using asound.

However the A2DP uses a different path, it sends system PCM into the audio chip and then routes it
to the PCM out which goes directly to the BT chip. It is nice to know they heard something, however
there are other issues with this path that are hinted at on the wolfson site,there maybe a clocking
issue between the i2c input and the pcm output, at least that seems true for the reverse direction.

BT headset to/from GSM is yet another path, and should not involve the CPU at all (other than for

Jim Morris,