Problem with usb cable: device descriptor read/64, error -110

Sarton O'Brien roguemoko at roguewrt.org
Wed Sep 3 02:56:14 CEST 2008

On Wednesday 03 September 2008 10:32:17 sledgeas wrote:
> Please, refer to this
> http://n2.nabble.com/Can-bad-NAND-blocks-cause-USB%27s-%22device-descriptor
>-read-64%2C-error--110%22---tp835094p835094.html for more full info.
> A guy in #openmoko suggested my flash blocks might be bad and fs not
> really dealing with them ok. - could this be causign the usb problem (or
> even 20080826 kernel's wrong image error for some reason) ?

Well the next thing I was going to say was, I can imagine only a few
scenarios:

- Bad flash procedure
- Bad image
- Bad hardware

If you are doing everything by the book and your images aren't corrupt, it
does sound like your flash is fubar. You haven't showed any commands or output
during your flashing procedures so it is still really hard to tell.

Sarton