Several stacks on one card

Joachim Breitner mail at
Wed Sep 3 17:48:17 CEST 2008

Am Mittwoch, den 03.09.2008, 17:04 +0200 schrieb flamma at
> Hello, I am going to buy a new microSD card. I want to install Debian,
> Qtopia and whatever other image appeals me.
> Is it possible to make a dual-boot in the card?
> Something like first a selecting if you boot the flash or the card, and
> later wich partition in the card you boot.
> Have I explained me?

It should be possible by doing the partitioning yourself, and then
configuring the uboot enviroment to your liking. For each uboot menu
entry, you can decide where the kernel should be loaded from, and what
partition the kernel should use as the root partition. This gives you
all options, I think.

Joachim "nomeata" Breitner
  mail: mail at | ICQ# 74513189 | GPG-Key: 4743206C
  JID: nomeata at |
  Debian Developer: nomeata at