xfwm instead of matchbox-wm on debian?

Fox Mulder Quakeman1 at gmx.net
Wed Sep 3 21:01:59 CEST 2008

You have to replace the matchbox-wm line in zhone-session by xfwm4 to
start the xfce-wm. I also experiment with it at the moment but i got one
big problem.

Everything looks fine after start and xfwm is running. Now it is much
more to my liking with window resize and move functions.

But the matchbox keyboard isn't working anymore (won't pop up after key
press) which is a big problem. I think the keyboard is only properly
attached to matchbox-wm and not xfwm. Maybe it doesn't work at all with
xfwm, but this is the point where i'm stuck at.

Does anybody know what i have to do to regain the matchbox keyboard or
maybe some other keyboard with xfwm when pressing the aux button?

I still have the "matchbox-keyboard-toggle &" in the zhone-session file
before starting xfwm.

Ciao,
     Rainer