Qtopia-Phone-X11 on 2007.2?

Al Johnson openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk
Fri Sep 5 12:50:19 CEST 2008

On Friday 05 September 2008, Dale Maggee wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using 2007.2. When I do 'opkg list | grep qtopia' I see a whole lot
> of packages, including 'qtopia-phone-x11' and 'qtopia-phone-x11-bluetooth '
>
> - will installing these break things?

Probably. You will have 2 daemons competing for the GSM serial port, so
neither is likely to work correctly. 2007.2 uses gsmd to mediate connections
to GSM while Qtopia has its own daemon to do the same thing. If you uninstall
gsmd and anything that depends on it before installing the qtopia bits then
it may work