Alpha 2 Release of Accelerometer-based Gestures, and Screen Orientation

Joachim Breitner nomeata at
Fri Sep 5 15:57:26 CEST 2008

Am Freitag, den 05.09.2008, 12:30 +0200 schrieb Paul-Valentin Borza:
> On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 5:53 PM, Joachim Breitner <nomeata at> wrote:
> > Am Donnerstag, den 04.09.2008, 17:31 +0200 schrieb Joachim Breitner:
> >> I was about to package accelgel for Debian. I exported the latest svn,
> >> tried to generate a clean source tarball with
> >> $ && make dist
> >> and tried to use the resulting .tar.gz to build the package.
> >> Unfortunately, it seems that the generated tarball is not complete, for
> >> example it misses ./accelneo/include/accelneo.h
> >>
> >> Would you do me a favour and provide an "official" source tarball of
> >> your release, preferably one created by "make dist"? Then I'll continue
> >> with packaging it.
> It's pretty strange that you gen a missing accelneo.h as the file is on SVN.
> The latest version is on SVN.
> Do you still have problems with missing accelneo.h?

Sorry for not being clear: I did not try to compile directly from the
svn checkout. Instead, I have built a release tarball with make dist,
but this tarball does not work because it is missing some files, e.g.
accelneo.h. There is a way to tell automake what files to include in a
release tarball, but I don’t know a lot about automake yet.

Having a working "make dist" is not really critical, but it’s a sign of
good automake packaging, and it allows you to easily create release
tarballs. Also, "make distcheck" is useful. See if you are
interestd in that.

> > BTW, what are you plans now that GSOC is over? Are you continuing the
> > development of accelges?
> Glad you're asking. I'm definitely thinking on continuing this
> project, and as you said I'm thinking in turning it to a proper
> program.
> That's why I've bought, exactly for this purpose. Once
> I have everything set up on, I'll move the code there
> on git.
> And maybe other members would like to contribute.
> I'll add your items from the above list to the TO-DO list. Just that
> right now I don't have time to work on it, at least not this month.
> I'm also doing an internship in Slovenia that's why I'm that busy.

Glad to hear that. May I suggest that you set up the git repository
earlyier, so that people can start hacking on their branches until you
have time to conitnue development?

Joachim "nomeata" Breitner
Debian Developer
  nomeata at | ICQ# 74513189 | GPG-Keyid: 4743206C
  JID: nomeata at |