Timeline / Journal

Matt matt.joyce at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 16:00:49 CEST 2008

If anyone is looking for a project...

I was toying with the idea of taking various events such as call logs,
sms, gps, wifi, bluetooth, etc and storing them in a journal and posting
them to a website every so often, when net access is available.

The website would display them using the Simile Timeline [1] component,
which I see has moved to Google code [2].
Numerous examples are available [3]

It occurred to me that this format would suit touch screen well.
Kinetic scrolling, tap for action; read sms, return a missed call, view
calendar event.

I don't have the talent to implement this on the phone, but it would be
a neat app, and one I'm not aware exists on any phone. yet.

If anyone is interested, pick up and run with it please.

~ Matt

[1] http://simile.mit.edu/timeline/
[2] http://code.google.com/p/simile-widgets/wiki/Timeline
[3] http://simile.mit.edu/wiki/Category:Example_timeline