Chancing SIM card without reboot

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at
Fri Sep 5 16:05:26 CEST 2008

2008/8/25 Fredrik Wendt <fredrik at>:
> In Sweden we have three GSM network operators (those with licenses to
> actually put GSM equipment to use) and having to wait 3-4 minutes after
> each SIM change really kills productivity and flow ...

Would it be reasonable for future Openmoko phones to accept multiple
SIM cards? I don't know if three is pushing it, but two certainly
sounds reasonable. The expectation would be that the user could
receive calls from both lines at the same time. When making calls,
SMSing, or browsing 3G one could either specify which network to use
or have a default set. Individual contacts could even have an override
option to the default to always use a particular network.

Dotan Cohen