Building FSO Wiki page

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer mickey at openmoko.org
Fri Sep 5 18:07:35 CEST 2008

Am Friday 05 September 2008 17:43:09 schrieb John Whitmore:
> Hello all,
>     http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Building_FSO#Create_local_configuration
>
> Looking at that just confuses, me I'm afraid. I looked to see was there
> a wiki mailing list as I thought that was going to be set up. No such
> list so I'll post here, hope somebody can shed some light.
>
> The paragraph tells you what you should not do, but not really what you
> should do. Should I:
>
> cd /stuff/
> mkdir build
> mkdir build/conf
> touch build/conf/local.conf
>
> Then edit that local.conf file and pull stuff from
> org.openembedded.dev/conf/local.conf.sample into my local.conf?
>
> Sorry but want to build FSO and flash it into my FR and do some work. If
> I can make the wiki clearer in the process then well and good. Perhaps
> it's just me that gets confused ;-)

What exactly makes you confused? Please reread the following excerpts from the
section you referenced:

"It is actually recommended to start smaller and keep local.conf.sample in the
background and add entries from there step-by-step as you understand and need
them."

[...]

For building a .dev branch, in your local.conf file, you should have at least
the following three entries. Example for the Angstrom distribution and the
Openmoko gta01 machine:

BBFILES = "/stuff/org.openembedded.dev/packages/*/*.bb"
DISTRO = "angstrom-2008.1"
MACHINE = "om-gta01"

--
:M: