I can no longer ssh into my FR via wifi

Rui Miguel Silva Seabra rms at 1407.org
Sun Sep 7 12:54:43 CEST 2008

On Sun, Sep 07, 2008 at 05:37:55PM +0800, William Kenworthy wrote:
> All laudable aims on a secure desktop system, but all the OM software I
> have tried (I have not tried the debian port - is it any better?)
> violates almost every security maxim I ever learned.  And the basic
> design makes it difficult to make secure.  What you mention is really
> too little too late.

Not really, let's make it better :) I'm interested in having the
environment run without needing the root user (maybe in the first step
some apps will have to be suid root).

It's a step by step thing :)

> I dont have much experience with dropbear, more openssh but listening on
> all interfaces is fine by me in the environment I am using - its the
> change in config thats caught me out.

You should only have ssh listening where you want it, not "anywhere"
(unless, of course, anywhere is where you want it to) :)

Rui

--
Kallisti!
Today is Setting Orange, the 31st day of Bureaucracy in the YOLD 3174
+ So let's do it...?