A little zenity-gui for flashing images to the neo

Joel Newkirk freerunner at newkirk.us
Mon Sep 8 00:34:51 CEST 2008

On Sun, 7 Sep 2008 14:50:20 -0400, "Charles Pax" <charles.pax at gmail.com>
wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 7, 2008 at 1:19 PM, Dale Maggee
> <antisol at internode.on.net>wrote:
>
>> I was more bored and wanted to exercise my scripting skillz, so I made
>> some changes to this script.
>>
>> I saved your code into a file called "flasher" and make it executable. I
> get the following error.
>
> ./flasher: line 67: syntax error near unexpected token `('
> ./flasher: line 67: `the USB-Device and booted into the Nor (for kernel
> and
> rootfs) or Nand'
>
> -Charles

Sounds like you did a cut'n'paste from email.  The problem is that long
lines are wrapped, which breaks programs/scripts.  There's at least three
places in the script that suffer from word-wrap, including several lines
that start at line 66.

Something like a bash script really MUST be sent as an attachment, to
ensure this breakage doesn't happen.  Meanwhile you can go through the
script and removed the extra newlines, so that echo statements and comments
(the things I noted glancing at the script) are not wrapped.