Duke Nukem 3D on Openmoko Neo

Charles-Henri Gros charles-henri.gros+openmoko at m4x.org
Mon Sep 8 04:44:14 CEST 2008

Rafael Ignacio Zurita wrote:
> Hello people,
>
> I want to share a simple duke nukem 3d port for Neo which you
> can play using the accelerometer :)
>
> You can get all the files at: http://fz.hobby-site.org/om/duke-nukem-3d/
> and the link below has the instructions:
> http://fz.hobby-site.org/om/duke-nukem-3d/readme-openmoko.txt
>
> Ah, if you have doubts about how to play, please check
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=260Kpiqv9_U
> and this:
> http://fz.hobby-site.org/om/duke-nukem-3d/how-to-play-duke.png

That's great!

However turning is a bit slow; I'm wondering if the accelerators
couldn't generate mouse events instead of key presses for left/right
(allowing analog left/right). I'd also like to tweak the angle for
forward/backwards (possibly allowing some sort of calibration). I'd love
to try this myself; but I have no idea how to build the source; can you
help?

--
Charles-Henri