Where to get recent kernel and modules for debian now?

Fox Mulder Quakeman1 at gmx.net
Mon Sep 8 23:45:19 CEST 2008

I tried to get the kernel from http://downloads.openmoko.org/daily/ and
also downloaded the rootfs tar.gz. Than i extracted the
/lib/modules/2.6.24/ directory out of it and copied the kernel and the
modules to my debian system and did depomd -a. Than i added "g_ether"
and "ohci-hcd" to /etc/modules and usb.
And now i got the kernel from today running and it seems to work.

I noticed that the old kernel has ~60MB modules while the actual one
only has ~6MB. Maybe all the unnecessary stuff is left out or it is just
because it is from the testing branch.

This is no one click solution but when it works i'm happy with it. :)

Ciao,
     Rainer