Qtopia Media Player + Pulseaudio = hurt

Dylan Reilly dreilly at atariland.net
Tue Sep 9 16:44:21 CEST 2008

Under current 2008 testing builds, playing (compressed) music through the
qtopia media player causes pulseaudio spike to crazy levels of cpu
utilization (~ 50%). This is on top the load for the media player itself
(~30%). Needless to say, this makes the poor FR incapable of decompressing
the music in a timely fashion.

The GTK openmoko media player does not have this issue. (In 2008, does the
GTK media player have the patch to bypass pulse as it did in 2007?)

Is this a known issue or one I should bug? I remember being able to listen
to music through the Qtopia media player not too long ago.

--
Dylan Maxwell Reilly