local-openmoko-spain at projects.openmoko.org up and running :)

Michael Shiloh michael at openmoko.org
Tue Sep 9 18:41:06 CEST 2008

David Samblas wrote:
> Thanks to Michael Siloh,
> I can proudly annouce the opening of the spanish openmoko list,
> http://lists.projects.openmoko.org/mailman/listinfo/local-openmoko-spain
>
> This intended to help the spanish non-english skilled users to help and
> be helped by the Openmoko community, the spanish skilled-enough users
> will act as bridge between international and local group
> Any english spanish-skilled are welcome  :), even anyone
> anything-skilled are welcome too :)
>
> So to avoid any flamewar, the idea is to make the community grow not to
> split it. So I encorage anyone to do the same for his localgroup.

Thanks to David, really, for initiating the Spanish group, for creating
the original Spanish list, and for helping me get the list moved to
Openmoko.

Openmoko is proud to support the Spanish local Openmoko group, and
Openmoko encourages the formation of other local Openmoko groups.

A mailing list seems like a useful tool, not to split the community, but
to allow conversation that may not be relevant to the world at large
(e.g. meetings or group purchases or, in this case, discussion in a
different language).

I'll be happy to create mailing lists as needed. For the time being we
are doing this under the umbrella of the local-openmoko project. Email
me (michael at openmoko) to request such a list.

(The San Francisco local Openmoko Group, in contrast, has been invited
to  simply use the San Francisco Linux User's Group mailing list, at
least until we become a nuisance to them.)

I'll create a wiki page for local Openmoko groups, and look forward to
adding more.

Michael