FDOM (FAT and Dirty Openmoko) Distribution ready to download

David Samblas dsamblasomcommunity at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 19:25:53 CEST 2008

:) please let make spectations at safety levels :) FDOM is not more than
a few opkg installs, a little bit of glue here and a few painting there
but basically stills a OM2008.8-update :)

Jay (and others) I sugesst you to backup your own image first , just as
precaution :).

Here is a method i have used to generate the image of FSDOM.

on  Neo(or though an ssh session on Neo)

opkg mkfs-jffs2
mkdir  /var/tmp/root
mount -t jffs2 /dev/mtdblock6 /var/tmp/root

on PC

(pv used to se the progres of the operation, executed on ubuntu 8.04,
change neos ip if needed)
sudo aptitude install pv

ssh root at 192.168.0.202 "mkfs.jffs2 -d /var/tmp/root -e 128 --pad
--no-cleanmarkers -x lzo" | pv -W >
the_name_of_your_rootfs_image_here.jffs2

scp root at 192.168.0.202:/boot/uImage-2.6.24
the_name_of_your_kernel_image_here.bin

Regards and thanks you all :)