USB host successes

Joel Newkirk freerunner at newkirk.us
Tue Sep 9 21:53:57 CEST 2008

On Tue, 09 Sep 2008 12:35:44 -0700, Michael Shiloh <michael at openmoko.org>
wrote:

> I've tried to answer many of these questions here:
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/USB_host
>
> If you feel this information is unclear, lacking, or wrong, please
> correct or please let me know.
>
> In particular, I'd love people to add any specific setups they have that
> are working.
>
> Michael

Thank you - exactly the information needed.  The 47kohm resistor (between
ID and GND) is needed to signal 1000mA charging permitted (that's what I
was thinking of when I wrote about the 15k pair in my previous post), per
both http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/USB_host and
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Specialized_USB_cables, but unless I'm
misreading they seem to contradict one another regarding the 15k pulldowns
on D+ and D-.  What is the correct info regarding those?