Glad to see Gentoo-openmoko distro

Andreas Zuber zuber at puzzle.ch
Tue Sep 9 23:07:28 CEST 2008

Am Dienstag 09 September 2008 18:45:09 schrieb Previdi Roberto:
> Yes you can use gentoo with binary packages, but you loose the great
> configurability given by the tuning of the USE flags... i think it's better
> if i can manage to crosscompile from my desktop, and then copy the
> generated binary on the moko. slower, but more flexible..

It may also be an option to configure DistCC for crosscompilation on your
desktop. If you remove localhost from the list, everything will get compiled
on your desktop and not on the freerunner. The difference is that you dont
have to copy files and you can still use the USE flags. Hopefully :-)

http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/cross-compiling-distcc.xml

I hope i get gentoo running on my Freerunner, so i can test this soon

greetings
Andy