FDOM (FAT and Dirty Openmoko) Distribution ready to download

David Samblas dsamblasomcommunity at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 12:55:54 CEST 2008

El mar, 09-09-2008 a las 23:35 +0200, Jean-Eric Cuendet escribió:

> 2008/9/9 David Samblas <dsamblasomcommunity at gmail.com>
>         Hi there,
>         you have aviable on http://compartida.net/openmoko/FDOM a
>         rootfs/kenel  image ready to flash of an OM2008.08-updates
>         distribution with some apps already installed and some fixes
>         posted in the lists done.
>
>         here you have more detailed information
>
>         http://compartida.net/openmoko/FDOM/README.txt
>
>         I recommend you to use wget -c to retrieve the files because
>         of the server seems to cut the connection time to time, a most
>         robust mirror is on the way
>
>         Sugesstions , comments, and anything else will be welcome
>

> Nice work guy!
Thanks, man
> I would propose that instead of creating yet another distribut (tm)
> you provide modified packages that can just be installed through OPKG
> on Om2008.x
2 main reasons I will not do it

The intention is to have an online aviable demo image file ready to
flash (nothing more nothing less) fell free to compare it with an Clean
OM2008.08 and add all dependenciecies and the modified confs in one ipkg
and then I only will asure it will work on a clean om2008.08-update  of
the day the ipkg was made but I believe is quick an easier to flashit or
untarit to a sdcard partition (next FSDOM release will have tar.gz
version :) I promise)

Second (composed) reason
Time constrains, lack of knowlege and lazyness, I have all of them :)
> What do you think? It's no criticism, just a thought.
I prefer to give ideas to those who already upload packages to
Multiverse. So if some modification I make on FSOM goes upstream then
next releases will catch his own modification when updated :)