Desktop drawer/submenu/subdirectory

flamma at correo.ugr.es flamma at correo.ugr.es
Wed Sep 10 12:50:45 CEST 2008

Hi everybody.

I have installed openmoko-games and I enjoy some of them very much. But
now my desktop have too much icons to be practical.

It would be useful to have subdirectories on the main menu. So if I want
to play a game, I go to games and then there are all the games.

I have tried (and failed) the following aproachs:

1- Make a directory in /usr/share/applications and copy the .desktop files
inside. Result: the subdirectory doesn't appear, but the launchers inside
do.

2- Make a directory launcher in the same place, and put the .desktop files
inside the directory pointed. Result: the directory launch does not
appear.

Any idea?