Display of Images on GTA-02

Iain B. Findleton ifindleton at videotron.ca
Wed Sep 10 16:42:12 CEST 2008

After doing some experiments which involve displaying an image on the
screen of the GTA-02 I have the impression that things are unduly slow.
The problem is to display a single image (jpg,png,gif) which is
currently in a file on the root file system. Image size is 570 x 420
pixels in 32 bit color. It appears to take several (~10) seconds to read
the image from the file and then display it on the screen. This is
incredibly slow for a 400 MHZ machine and I am wondering if others have
had similar experiences.

Along the same lines, the tangoGPS application looks to take a long time
to update the screen from a local cache. Anybody have any ideas?

--
Iain B. Findleton
Tel: 514-457-0744