manual GPRS connection - impossible due to missing /etc/init.d/gsmd?!

steffen.linux at gmx.de steffen.linux at gmx.de
Wed Sep 10 16:56:43 CEST 2008

Hi,

yesterday evening I tried to get GPRS working...but...in the HowTo ( http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/GPRS#Option_3:_Without_GSM_multiplexing_and_without_a_GUI ) stands that you've to stop /etc/init.d/gsmd ...but in my /etc/init.d there is no gsmd?!

I've used OM2008.8 Image, it's up-to-date and the rootfs/kernel is from thursday last week.

When I try to execute the script without stopping gsmd, I get "++++" and thats all...the terminal hangs up after that.

Hope that somebody can help me.
--
Psssst! Schon das coole Video vom GMX MultiMessenger gesehen?
Der Eine für Alle: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/messenger03