Trolltech Qtopia (not X11) on 2008.8 base rootfs

Sarton O'Brien roguemoko at roguewrt.org
Thu Sep 11 06:00:00 CEST 2008

On Tuesday 09 September 2008 02:27:05 Cédric Berger wrote:
> I would like to be able to install Trolltech's Qtopia on top of a
> fresh distro such as the latest testing 2008.8 base distro.

This works really well. I'm booting from sd with om2008 testing, switching
both applications via scripts from terminal.

This now leaves me with the flash for installing debian.

Lorn, what would be involved with upgrading only the qtopia component? Besides
extracting from the jffs image (which requires I knock up a linux kernel,
which I haven't had to do for years on archlinux - fantastic generic kernel
... any hints on doing this under *BSD? I'll look into it ...).

Is there a possibility you will be releasing a rootfs archive? That'd rock.

Thanks,

Sarton