Where to get recent kernel and modules for debian now?

Fox Mulder Quakeman1 at gmx.net
Thu Sep 11 17:40:27 CEST 2008

After the suspend problem with the OM kernels i installed the FSO kernel
from http://shr.bearstech.com/fso-unstable/images/neo1973/ and the
modules in the approriate FSO-image tar.gz file.

After rebooting the kernel run without problems and suspend works again.
So there must be some difference between the OM and the FSO kernels
about power management.

The bad thing is, that fso still compiles most modules hard into the
kernel and therefore no usb gadget modules are available. And FSO do not
compile new kernels as often as OM does with the latest bugfixes.
The fact that except for the suspend problem the OM kernels work fine
with debian let me hope that sometimes the OM kernels run with suspend
on debian or FSO changes their policy and uses external modules. :)

Ciao,
     Rainer

PS: I updated the Openmoko wiki page with this information for debian
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Debian#How_to_replace_the_default_kernel_with_a_recent_openmoko_kernel