milestone3 available in Debian

Joachim Breitner nomeata at debian.org
Fri Sep 12 16:58:29 CEST 2008

Hi,

Am Freitag, den 12.09.2008, 15:58 +0200 schrieb TeXitoi:
> Joachim Breitner <nomeata at debian.org> writes:
> > Besides these new versions you might be interested to hear that remoko
> > and pypennotes have been packaged for Debian, and fso-gpsd makes sure
> > all gpsd-using applications (such as tangogps) work also. We still don’t
> > have Illume, as we are still waiting for new Enlightenment libs being
> > released and packaged for Debian.

Thanks for testing.

> I have updated this morning, and I have some problems:
>  - SMS do not work (the icon is grey), zhone says
>     2008-09-12 15:43:44,943 INFO checking for unsent messages
>     2008-09-12 15:43:45,404 INFO did not receive any unsent messages: org.freesmartphone.GSM.SIM.NotFound:
>    It worked OK on fso-m2 (sometimes, I received a number instead of
>    the text of the SMS).

It’s strange, I have it some times as well, some times not. It needs to
be determined yet if that bug is Debian-introduced or already in the
fso-m2 code.

>  - Sometimes, zhone do not want to suspend after 2 sec power buttun
>    because it do not received the event.  On fso-m2, I restart
>    frameworkd and zhone, and It works after.  Now, when I do that, I
>    lost the contact list.

Not sure what’s happening here. Error messages from zhone or frameworkd
might be useful.

>  - I cannot downgrade to fso-m2 because it is not in the archive
>    now.  I need SMS to use the FR as a phone.

Yes, we need to sort that out somehow, that old versions are not
deleted. One can of course still compile it from git, as the versions
are tagged.

> else, it works well, and fso-gpsd work fine.

Nice to hear that,
Joachim

--
Joachim "nomeata" Breitner