FSO milestone3 my view (ON gta01)

Tilman Baumann tilman at baumann.name
Fri Sep 12 21:52:16 CEST 2008

Am 12.09.2008 um 19:11 schrieb Michael 'Mickey' Lauer:

> Thanks for the review, I agree with almost all your points (except
> some
> Zhone things, but UI is always subjective -- and it's not at all the
> point of the fso release as you know.)

Hehe, yea i have seen.
Seems  difficult to agree on a UI. Some think less is better, some
think more...

>> Now some Bugs:
>> Differenciating between suspend and shutdown is terribely hard.
>
> Hmm, I thought that bug was fixed. It takes 5 seconds to powerdown
> here,
> holding the button for 1 second should trigger suspend. Check whether
> you have the latest illume-fso-theme or config.
I have that  milestone3 release from i think the day before yesterday.
(Fresh from the server even before it was released officially)
I did not  upgrade because i fear this will overflow my flash again
and  trash the whole install. (gta01 ROM is clearly too small *g*)
And opkg handles this not very gracefully. :-/

>> Zhone does not show german umlauts correctly in SMS and it does not
>> concatenate big messages composed of multiple messages.
>
> Daniel?

Additional info. I believe it was sent by a Nokia N90.
If that  helps...