Wiki outdated ? was Re: Problems building ASU image

Rod Whitby rod at
Sat Sep 13 02:31:56 CEST 2008

Didier "Ptitjes" wrote:
> OK I found the problem finaly.
> The Wiki states what follows for the local.conf :
> MACHINE = "x86"
> DISTRO = "openmoko"
> BUILD_ARCH = "i686"
> INHERIT += " devshell"
> but the INHERIT += " rm_work" is mandatory else the bitbake doesn't work
> at all as you can see in the errors of my previous message.

rm_work should have no effect on whether bitbake can find configuration
files.  Are you sure it wasn't some other change you made?

Someone else had the same problem as you when they moved the build directory
and did not do a "make clobber" between moving the directory and starting a
new build ...

-- Rod