milestone3 available in Debian

Fox Mulder Quakeman1 at gmx.net
Sat Sep 13 20:40:48 CEST 2008

I updated my debian system to the new fs03 files and also
updated the kernel/modules to the newest one at [8] from 11-Sep-2008.

But now suspend doesn't work anymore. I thought that the fso
kernels are working together with zhone to support suspend like
the original installed fso2 kernel did with the old zhone (fso2)
version.

Another problem is, that i can't start the messages program for sms.
When i click the icon nothing happens. The dialer and contactlist
works without problems.

I looked at the zhone.log for more info about these problems. And
there are a few entrys which seems to indicate problems. I hope
somebody can help me clearify these messages.

Here is a summary of the critical messages (marked for reference):
[1] WARNING error while retrieving messagebook
[2] INFO checking for unsent messages
[2] INFO did not receive any unsent messages: org.freesmartphone.GSM.SIM.NotFound:
[3] INFO checking for unsent messages
[3] INFO did not receive any unsent messages: org.freesmartphone.GSM.Device.Failed: Unhandled CMS ERROR: User abort
[4] INFO checking for unsent messages
[4] INFO did not receive any unsent messages: org.freesmartphone.GSM.Device.Failed: command AT+CMGL=2 failed
[5] DEBUG transition to contacts
[5] DEBUG transition to main
[6] INFO INPUT EVENT = AUX, pressed, 0
[6} INFO INPUT EVENT = AUX, released, 0
[7] INFO INPUT EVENT = POWER, pressed, 0
[7] INFO INPUT EVENT = POWER, held, 2
[7] INFO INPUT EVENT = POWER, held, 3
[7] INFO INPUT EVENT = POWER, released, 0
[7] ERROR Exception in handler for D-Bus signal:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/dbus/connection.py", line 214, in maybe_handle_message
    self._handler(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/bin/zhone", line 2185, in cbEvent
    self.gsm_device_iface.PrepareForSuspend()
  File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/dbus/proxies.py", line 140, in __call__
    **keywords)
  File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/dbus/connection.py", line 622, in call_blocking
    message, timeout)
DBusException: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include:
the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the
reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.

The message at [1] comes straight at the start of zhone followed by [2],[3] and [4]. The last message
at [4] is repeated at some time intervals. The debug message seems to indicate that something with
the messagebook doesn't work but i don't know what. I tried to start the contactlist and i get the
debug message [5] but when clicking the messages program i get no debug entry in the log.

At [6] i tried to suspend with a short press of the power button which is recognized but nothing happens.
After that i tried it again at [7] and hold the button a bit longer. Even after that nothing happens
but in the log is an exception which maybe indicate why suspend didn't work. It seems that the suspend
command over dbus get lost or something like this.

Can someone see what the problem could be with help of these messages?

If you need more information just say it and i log whatever you want to solve this problem. :)

Ciao,
     Rainer

[8] http://downloads.openmoko.org/framework/milestone3/