import/export sms from qtopia

Kieran Fleming kieran.fleming at gmail.com
Sun Sep 14 08:07:23 CEST 2008

On Sun, 2008-09-14 at 06:54 +0530, Vikas Saurabh wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I had to reflash my 2008.8 installation. I wanted to keep the data so
> I backed the home directory.
> Now, I have an up and satisfactorily working image.
>
> I want to import the data (specifically sent and received sms'es) in
> the old image.
>
> I tried to search wiki for qtmail, sms, etc but didn't find anything
> useful.
>
> Can it be done?

I just did this on my install, and it was as simple as copying my backup
back to the phone.

> PS: On a similar note, I was planning to switch to FSO, but again I
> want to keep the sms'es, would that be possible?

I have a feeling that a different format is used in FSO, so it doesn't
look good. I was thinking about writing a sync program for the qtopia
format but was turned off by the fact that eventually it would be
replaced. Perhaps it would be good if only so people can migrate to FSO
when it's ready. I'll think about it :)