DFUScript v0.1 - Script to help flashing

Dale Maggee antisol at internode.on.net
Sun Sep 14 14:30:45 CEST 2008

Shawn,

I don't have multiple devices which support DFU, but I'd love to add
support for this in my utility, so can you give me some advice on how
this might work?
 - is there a way to list attached devices which are DFU-capable?
 - how are these hex codes obtained?
 - since you have them hardcoded, I assume they're an identifier code
which is the same for all FR's and all 1973s (i.e the code identifies
the type of device)?
 - is the hex code an argument you always need to pass if you're
flashing a 1973 (i.e if you only have 1 device attached and it's a 1973,
do you still need to give it the hex code or does it detect the 1973 and
flash it without the hex code)?

One thought which might be the easiest method is to implement it as an
item in the 'setup' menu which allows you to choose between a freerunner
and a 1973 and provides the appropriate hex code. but it would be nice
if I could detect that you have 2 devices attached and show an 'which
device do you want to flash?' screen with a list of detected devices.
this way if you only have one device attached it doesn't matter whether
it's a 1973 or a freerunner.

I am planning on adding command line support for my script, which should
make you happy. I may 'borrow' some of your code to implement this ;)

I will also add a 'flashing u-boot on a 1973 may give you a paperweight'
warning to my tool.

I should probably also change all references to 'freerunner' in my
script to say 'neo'.

as for the 'only have 30 seconds' thing, this is why I have the 'now is
the time to turn on your device and activate the nand/nor menu' screen -
the idea is that you select your desired flashing option, then get into
the nand/nor menu on your device, then press OK and it starts. this is
also why I included the ability to flash multiple images at once - so
that for example you can flash rootfs and kernel without having the
thing power off while you're typing the second command [I also type
quicker than I click, but I don't do either particularly quickly ;) ]