happy with debian

Katrin Tomanek katrin.tomanek at gmx.de
Sun Sep 14 14:53:04 CEST 2008

>For your microsd card problem i would propose the 8gb micro-sd ultra
>from sandisk which works great without having any problems at all. I
>buyed it at amazon.de in germany for 28€ which isn't really expensive.
>The fr couldn't handle the full speed of the ultra version (but also has
>no problem with that), but is is very fast if you have to access the
>sd-card from the pc. And it only costs ~8€ more than the normal version.
thanks. I'll check whether its still available...

>For gps i only installed the gpsd and edited the gpsd.conf to set the
>device to /dev/ttySAC1 and it works. I don't know for what reason i
>should install fso-gpsd.

mh, I deinstalled fso-gpsd but still gpsd won't start complaining with:
"Starting GPS (Global Positioning System) daemon: gpsdgpsd: can't run with
neither control socket nor devices failed!"

my /etc/default/gpsd looks like this:
GPS_DEV="/dev/ttySAC1"
START_DAEMON="true"

Any ideas?