FDOM updated

W.Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Mon Sep 15 07:39:26 CEST 2008

On Mon, 2008-09-15 at 15:17 +1000, roguemoko at roguewrt.org wrote:
> William Kenworthy wrote:
> > This has become a saga.  After failing to get FDOM-13092008 working from
> > the SD card, I decided to try flashing it.

> I don't use fdom but it sounds suspiciously broken seeing as noone else
> has reported it.
>
> Have you tried an updated uboot and kernel?
>
> It just seems strange that only you would receive a corrupt or
> nonfunctiong userland ... hopefully it's just a mismatch.
>
> Sarton

I am using the matching kernel and jffs file and a uboot of almost the
same day.  Going to try some of the other family members sims and see if
they make a difference - shouldnt as this one works fine with 2007.2.

I did see some others say its working for them - so far what seems to be
happening is that the sim cant connect in time, qpe dies and never comes
back.

BillK