Who has multiple devices?

Dale Maggee antisol at internode.on.net
Mon Sep 15 11:14:11 CEST 2008

Al Johnson wrote:
> On Monday 15 September 2008, Dale Maggee wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> as per the 'DFUScript' thread, I've made a change to my flashing /
>> backup utility to enable support for more than one attached DFU-capable
>> device, but I'm interested to know what happens if you have more than
>> one of the same device attached and booted into NAND/NOR.
>>
>> So, if you have more than one freerunner or more than one Neo1973, could
>> I please ask you to boot them both/all into NAND/NOR, run "dfu-util -l",
>> and post the output here for me, along with what you had attached (i.e
>> two freerunners, two 1973's, etc)? this would be a great help.
>>

> Two freerunners in NOR connected directly to the host:
>
> # dfu-util -l
> dfu-util - (C) 2007 by OpenMoko Inc.
> This program is Free Software and has ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
>
> Found Runtime: [0x1d50:0x5119] devnum=4, cfg=0, intf=2, alt=0, name="USB
> Device Firmware Upgrade"
> Found Runtime: [0x1d50:0x5119] devnum=3, cfg=0, intf=2, alt=0, name="USB
> Device Firmware Upgrade"

Thanks Al,

hmmm, interesting...

Do you have any Idea how you would choose which one to flash if both
were in NOR when you run dfu-util? the only difference I can see between
those two devices is the devnum=x bit, but "dfu-util -h" doesn't seem to
provide any method for providing this when flashing. could you perhaps
use  'dfu-util --path bus-port. ... .port'? If so, what would you give it?

I think the answer might end up being "if you have two freerunners, make
sure that they're not both in NAND/NOR when you flash" ;)

Thanks,
-Dale