[debian] daily kernel and modules package

Andre Roth lynx at netlabs.org
Mon Sep 15 15:13:13 CEST 2008

On Sat, 13 Sep 2008 15:22:19 +0300
Timo Juhani Lindfors <timo.lindfors at iki.fi> wrote:

> Andre Roth <lynx at netlabs.org> writes:
> > I build a simple debian kernel package, containing the latest
> > kernel and modules from [1]. This is only for convenience,
>
> Thanks, can you put the debian source package online as well? I'd like
> to add a few patches to it.

basically it's just a bunch of shell scripts in a cron job, doing some
replacement in the debian/* files. I did this while bored during
painful debian installation, I kept on getting tar crc errors and
segmentation faults on my 8GB card, and needed a lot of retries
installing debian.

so I'm not building any source package right now, but I could move the
replacement stuff to the debian/rules file, which then would download
kernel and modules when building the package. if you have some
pre-/postinst scripts I would happily add them :-)

what kind of patches would you like to add ?

regards

 andré

--
Andre Roth   | <lynx at netlabs.org>
GPG: FADF988E| 0959 4D7C F8ED DF4B 90A6  CF71 9EDF 52D1 FADF 988E